….I’m watching it now. Man on Fire is some next level kidnap movie…
I want both. What brands / models does everyone use?
Track by track…
1. No Problem - Did not expect this as an opener. A bit repetitive but a huge crowd pleasing smash of a drum and bass track.
2. Fire In Your Eyes ft Maverick Sabre - Sounds like the structure and sounds have been lifted from Eastern Jam, but it jumps up a notch into a post-2008 Prodigy sound for the remainder.
3. Let You Go ft Mali - Just a powerful track. So much energy behind it.
4. Blind Faith ft Liam Bailey - Arguably one of their weakest tracks ever.
5. Fool Yourself ft Plan B & Rage - I take it back, this is ridiculous. Rather than the imagined collaboration between Plan B and C&S, we get Michael Buble and C&S…with Rage screaming intermittently. Hopefully an instrumental surfaces.
6. Hypest Hype ft Tempa T - Or is this their worst one? TEEEEEMPZ. Really weak section of the album, but I have a soft spot for Tempa T’s tracks - pure hype.
7. Hitz ft Tinie Tempah - Similar vibe to the Kano ‘Against All Odds’ track but the production and bars on this track are too much. I almost prefer this out of the two, but Kano tops it with his flow…
8. Heavy ft Dizzee Rascal - Great to hear Dizzee over something grimer for a change.
9. Brixton Briefcase ft Cee Lo Green - It’s strange to hear Cee-Lo over something so dark. Quite a step away from anything he’s done so far…
10. Hocus Pocus - Basic Chase & Status D&B as it’s best. One for the old school fans.
11. Flashing Lights ft Sub Focus & Takura - Sounds like Sub Focus had more input on this than Chase & Status, however that’s not a bad thing though. The combination of the two has created a more of a mellow, well produced attempt at commercial Dubstep.
12. Embrace ft White Lies - Quite a fresh sounding match here. Chilled, ambient at times, great vocals but with the subtle guitar backed beat you can now expect from Chase & Status.
13. Time ft Delilah - One for the end of the night. Clear ravey jungley influences in this track.
14. Midnight Caller ft Clare Maguire - Average at best. Sounds like Evanescence at half the tempo…
15. End Credits ft Plan B - No need to say anything about this one. Everyone knows it. You could say this was the track that Plan B made his departure from the Biro stabbing rapper…
Overall: Some good and some good bad, it will be a successful album and I can see why people will enjoy it. I feel after a few more listens I’ll start to enjoy the album as a whole.
Download: Taz - Ligyrophobia (.mp3)
Taz just dropped his new EP, Gold Tooth Grin, on Scottish based lable Numbers. You may already know him as Taz Buckfaster, a name which has been making moves on the dubstep scene for the past few years. Discobelle are giving away Ligyrophobia which appears on the new EP for free, it’s a must download for anyone who is a fan of the whole Joker/Purple sound.